On the east side of the river (A10 side)
- The river cannot generally be seen from the road, but you can turn down the side road to 10 Mile Bank (also signposted to the Wildlife Trust) and watch from the bridge at 10 Mile Bank about 4km from the start.
- The Ship Inn has a river frontage and is on the A10 at about the half way point.
- There is a public picnic area with parking adjacent to the river on the A10 just south of the Ship Inn.
- Following the course when you reach the roundabout (where the A10 turns right over the river) go straight on (signposted “Queen Adelaide”). After about 3/4 a mile, the Littleport Bridge is on your right (White Swan pub on opposite bank). The 5k finishing straight starts from here and the bridge is a good viewing point.
- It is possible to cycle from Littleport Bridge along the top of the river bank to the finish; with just a couple of points where you need to dismount back onto the road (mountain bikes recommended).
- There is limited parking just before the T junction at Queen Adelaide. From there you can climb the river bank to see the finish.
On the west side of the river
- There is a rural road, which follows close to the west bank of the river from the start as far as Littleport. Although the river is visible in places (some good views for the first couple of kilometers; however, because the land is lower than the river, the river often cannot be seen. You can however stop and climb the river bank periodically to see how your crew is getting on.